Our staff are trained to provide you with the necessary information to make breast milk pumping easy.
We have chosen to stock the Medela® and Ardo® ranges of breastfeeding products as they are used in the maternity units at major Sydney hospitals close to our pharmacies. If we have requests for other products we can try to source them for you.
Medela’s breastfeeding products incorporate over 30 years of evidence-based research. To understand mothers needs and babies behaviour, the team at Medela closely work with leading universities in the field of breastfeeding and human lactation. Helping mothers to express milk is their core competency.
Medela have included the research-based 2-Phase Expression Technology into their breastpumps to mimic the way that baby suckles at the breast during breastfeeding. Initially babies suckle fast and light to stimulate the milk ejection reflex and to start the milk flowing. Once the breast has been sufficiently stimulated, they switch to a slower and deeper suck for the actual feeding phase to get as much milk as quickly as possible.
Ardo is a Swiss family company. Ardo breastfeeding products are manufactured in Switzerland with the highest production, design and environmental standards from materials that are free from Bisphenol A (BPA).
All Ardo breastpumps include pumpsets that have a Closed System (Vacuum Seal Technology). The silicone membrane pot integrated into the pumpset is at the heart of our “Vacuum Seal” technology. This technology ensures that there is a total barrier between the breastmilk and any pathogenic agents. “Vacuum Seal” guarantees protection of the breast, breast milk and the breastpump against contamination. There is no danger of cross contamination, even when Ardo breastpumps are being used by several mums, for example when being shared in a hospital environment. Protects mum, milk and baby.
Our staff can help you:
- select the best pump for you, your circumstances and budget
- show you which accessories you may need for the pump
- show you how to prepare the pump for pumping
- trouble shoot if you are having trouble pumping
- provide information on storage of your breast milk
- help you select bottles for feeding baby the collected breast milk
- provide information and suggest products for caring for your breasts such as:
- bra pads for milk leakage,
- nipple cream to prevent dry or cracked nipples,
- hydrogel pads for sore or cracked nipples,
- nipple shields for cracked, sore, flat or inverted nipples
- nipple formers for flat or inverted nipples
We also recommend you join the Australian Breastfeeding Association and keep handy the contact numbers of:
- Australian Breastfeeding Association National Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 mum 2 mum (1800 686 268)
- Tresillian (02) 9787 0855 in Sydney, or 1800 637 357 Freecall outside Sydney, within NSW
- Karitane 1300 CARING (1300 227 464)