Pharmacy Practice Research
We believe we have a responsibility to contribute to the development of our profession through research. Therefore we have participated in research conducted by the following universities:
- University of Sydney
- Pharmacy Asthma Management Service
- Incident Reporting in Pharmacy
- Feasibility Study for Depression Screening in Community Pharmacy
- University of Tasmania
- Development and Implementation of Anticoagulation Monitoring Services in Community Pharmacy
- Promise program – development of prescription medication-related clinical interventions
- Latrobe University
- Why do Australian Women Use Compounded Progesterone Products
- Monash University (in collaboration with the University of Sydney Faculty of Pharmacy)
- Health Literacy in Pharmacy
- National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre University of NSW “Opioid Screening in Pharmacy Study” 2019
We have also participated in 6CPA funded research as follows:
- Chronic Pain Medscheck Trial ( http://6cpa.com.au/pharmacy-trial-program/chronic-pain-medscheck-trial/)
- Getting Asthma Under Control Using the SKills of the Community Pharmacist (http://6cpa.com.au/pharmacy-trial-program/getting-asthma-under-control-using-the-skills-of-the-community-pharmacist/)
We have compounded for various research organisations including
- Garvin Institute
- Concord Hospital
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
We believe we have a duty to contribute to the development of future generations of pharmacists.
Therefore we offer 2-3 intern pharmacist positions each year. We look for pharmacy graduates that are passionate about the profession and keen to develop their skills in compounding and providing professional services. The program we offer requires the graduate to demonstrate their commitment to the profession and go above and beyond the requirements of the Intern Training Program. Graduates at Fresh Therapeutics are expected to contribute to our Health Calendar of events, prepare consumer medicines information leaflets, complete bimonthly Self Care Infarmation assessments and present journal articles, case studies and disease or drug reviews at our monthly staff meetings.
Graduates wishing to apply for positions at Fresh Therapeutics should email to firstname.lastname@example.org (marked attention:jeni diekman) their resume and a covering letter outlining their relevant experience and a covering letter that answers the following:
- What can you do as a pharmacy graduate to improve the health of people that come to our pharmacies?
- What will you do to ensure a bright future for the pharmacy profession?
- Why do you want to work at Fresh Therapeutics?
- What do you want to do after you are registered?
We also take selected pharmacy students from the University of Sydney and the University of Technology of Sydney for workplace training.